Never let a good crisis go to waste. Democrats have been doing their utmost to show partisanship during coronavirus. Instead of trying to help their fellow citizens, they see it better to throw in some irrelevant nice to haves which will do nothing to help Americans fight the economic impacts of coronavirus as bargaining chips.
Here are 20 examples.
- Corporate pay statistics by race and race statistics for all corporate boards at companies receiving assistance.
- Corporate board diversity targets
- Bailing out all current debt of postal service
- Required early voting
- Required same-day voter registration
- $10,000 bailout for student loans
- For companies accepting assistance, 1/3 of board members must be chosen by workers
- Provisions on official time for union collective bargaining
- Full offset of airline emissions by 2025
- Greenhouse gas statistics for individual flights
- Retirement plans for community newspaper employees
- $15 minimum wage at companies receiving assistance
- Permanent paid leave at companies receiving assistance
- hiding the citizenship status of College Students from the Census Bureau
- expanded wind & solar tax credits
- $100,000,000 for NASA’s environmental restoration group
While it is fair game to question the contents of a $1.8 trillion rescue package, none of the above will help Americans combat coronavirus. So the Dems have upped it to $2.5 trillion to include the above, including $1.5k in aid per individual; as much as $7.5k for a family of 5.
We suppose when the central bank has committed to endless QE, what does an extra $700bn on top of $1.8 trillion matter?